Returning to the bone-crunching Symmons Plains just four months after an injury was a worry for Team BOC's Jason Bright, but today's practice raised no cause for concern.
In November last year the high G-forces around the Tasmanian track aggravated Bright's existing rib injury and he was sidelined for three races. After today's practice, in which he finished 22nd fastest, Bright said there was some discomfort but modifications to his race seat seem to have done the trick.
There will be one final practice session tomorrow at 10.10am before qualifying at 13.25 and the 59-lap race at 16.00.
"I'm feeling a lot better than I did here last year! We made some modifications to the seat so it was putting pressure in different spots. It doesn't feel too bad but it's going to be a tough race by Sunday with all the extra track time we have on the soft tyres. I'm going to be pretty sore I think.
"We didn't get to do a lap on our green tyres because I had a moment when I bounced off a bump. Rather than destroy a tyre that we need for the rest of the weekend I ran wide and aborted the lap. We certainly would have popped up a lot better if it hadn't been for that but, even so, we're not quick enough so far.
"We've still got a practice session tomorrow. It's all so close and we can certainly improve it a lot to get a good time gain but we've got to have a think about it tonight and hopefully come out a lot stronger tomorrow."
Tasmania Challenge - 2012 V8 Supercars - Races 3 & 4
SYMMONS PLAINS INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
PRACTICE SESSIONS P2 P3
01. Shane Van Gisbergen, SP Tools Racing, 0:51.4162
02. Will Davison, Trading Post FPR Ford, +0.1250
03. David Reynolds, The Bottle-O Racing Team, +0.1956
04. Mark Winterbottom , Orrcon Steel FPR Ford, +0.2449
05. Alexandre Premat , Fujitsu Racing GRM, +0.2896
06. Todd Kelly, Jack Daniel's Racing, +0.2981
07. Craig Lowndes, TeamVodafone, +0.3542
08. Tim Slade, Lucky 7 Racing, +0.3653
09. Lee Holdsworth, Irwin Racing Ford, +0.3816
10. Tony D'Alberto, Tony D'Alberto Racing, +0.3861
22. Jason Bright, Team BOC, +0.7255
Published: 30 March 2012.