Opened in 1990, the first touring car race held at Sydney Motorsport Park (then Eastern Creek) was a 500km endurance in the same year. SMP has a range of corners from low to high speed. Slow entry speeds to turn two and eight provide great passing opportunities.
Circuit Length - 3.93 Kilometres
Circuit Direction – Anti-Clockwise
Average Speed - 160 km/ph
Maximum Speed - 260 km/ph
Fastest Point - Pit Straight
Slowest Point - Turn 9
Qualifying Lap Record: Craig Lowndes – Triple Eight Rae Engineering – Holden Commodore VEII – 1m29.2493s - 2012
Race Lap Record: Jonathon Webb – Tekno Autosports – Holden Commodore VEII – 1m30.9405s - 2012
Fast Fact: This year is the 25th anniversary of the Sydney Motorsport Park venue. The facility was opened in 1990 as Eastern Creek International Raceway before changing its name in more recent years.
Friday 21st August
10:10-10:40 – Additional Driver Only Practice
11:25-12:25 – Practice One
13:40-14:40 – Practice Two
Saturday 22nd August
10:00-10:15 – Practice Three
11:40-11:50 – Qualifying – Race 21
12:05-12:15 – Qualifying – Race 22
14:25-15:00 – Race 21 – 16 Laps / 60kms
16:35-17:10 – Race 22 – 16 Laps / 60kms
Sunday 23rd August
11:45-12:05 – Qualifying – Race 23
14:00-15:30 – Race 23 – 52 Laps / 200kms
Meet & Greet – PLUS a HOT LAP Giveaway!
10:30am-11:00am @ Hare & Forbes Machinery House
Unit 1/2 Windsor Road, Northmead
8:45am-9:15am @ Back of Team Garages
10:55am-11:10am @ Merchandise Truck
9:50am-10:15am @ Merchandise Truck
True Colour Track Walk
10:45am-11:15am @ Starting Grid
- Jason made his debut here in 1999 and since then has made 12 round and 28 race starts. He has only had one DNF in that time; that was Race 1 in 2002.
- Jason has had four runner-up race results at SMP.
- Jason finished fourth overall on points in last years’ round after finishing all three races in the top 10.
- Last week Jason’s family expanded when his wife Lucy gave birth to their second child, a baby girl! (name still to be announced)
- Team Owner Brad Jones has history here at SMP prior to the teams’ debut in V8 Supercars. He took pole position for the AUSCAR round there in 1993 on the short course and won both races on his way to claiming his fifth AUSCAR championship. It was the first time the short course was ever used.
Now available at www.teambocshop.com.au
Published: 17 August 2015.